Most people that have had exposure to the online world, have heard of the term “Content Marketing”. It is a term used to describe the creation, publication, and distribution of content by brands and businesses. This content is often used in additional marketing campaigns such as Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Social Media Marketing (SMM).
Content Marketing is inbound marketing, which is the desire and goal to convert website visitors to customers through methods that provide valuable and relevant content to consumer’s interest. These consumers earn trust with the brand, become customers, and loyal fans.
Across a variety of industries people and companies look to become more visible to their desired target audience, receive more attention, and ultimately sales and profits. Content Marketing is one of the best methods to achieve this and here is why content marketing drives sales.
10 Statistics That Show How Content Marketing Drives Sales
2. 90% of consumers find that custom content is very useful.
3. Blogs give websites on average over 400% more indexed pages and over 95% more indexed links.
4. Over 50% more leads are generated by inbound than by outbound.
5. Over 80% of customers spend more with a business when receiving email newsletters from them.
6. Content marketing produces 3 times more leads per dollar in comparison to other forms of marketing.
7. Website conversion is 6 times higher for websites with content marketing vs. sites that do not market via content.
8. Over 70% of small businesses attract new customers through social media these days.
9. Over 60% of consumers say that they trust a company more that delivers custom content and are more likely to do business with them.
10. 50% of consumer time on the Internet is spent engaging with custom content.
These are some hard statistics to ignore as an entrepreneur or business. It is clear that any type of business has to really understand how consumers are shopping these days and doing their research. To produce sales, gain market share, and make it as a business, content marketing is necessary and not much of a choice anymore.
To ensure best results, businesses and entrepreneurs can always work with professionals to get the necessary content generated, published correctly, and distributed properly. Professional marketing staff and vendors can assist a business with setting up all the necessary accounts, providing writers to create the content, and staff to upload it and distribute it. They can even consult the company and explain how content marketing drives sales. A brand should certainly make sure that content marketing is part of the strategy to support sales and profitability of a business.