To help a business and entrepreneurs evaluate content marketing, we have provided here a list of top 10 statistics about content marketing. These content marketing statistics provide information about content marketing effects, results, and benefits. Statistics show that content marketing is critical to the success of all businesses.
Content is still king, but it has to be produced, published, and distributed with uniqueness, relativity, and quality to be most effective. Content marketing campaigns and efforts can be very results oriented. When done right, the creation and publication of content, a business can quickly see the results.
In most industries and for most companies, content marketing should be a marketing priority. Content marketing constitutes the creation, publication, and distribution of content. Content can be blogging, articles, press releases, images such as Infographics, and videos. Video marketing is one of the fastest growing methods.
Top 10 Content Marketing Statistics
1. 86% of B2C marketers use content marketing and 91% of B2B marketers use content marketing (eMarketer)
2. Blogs give sites 434% more indexed pages and 97% more indexed links (Content+)
3. 90% of consumers find custom content useful and 78% believe that organizations providing custom content are interested in building good relationships with them (Custom Content Council)
4. Companies with an active blog report 97% more leads (Content+)
5. 46.1% of people say a website’s design is the number one criterion for discerning the credibility of the company (Stanford Persuasive Technology Lab)
6. People spend more than 50% of their time online with content and an additional 30% of their time on social channels where content can be shared (AOL & Nielsen)
7. Conversion rates are 105% higher for consumers who interact with ratings and product reviews (Prestige Marketing)
8. Per dollar spent, content marketing generates approximately 3 times as many leads as traditional marketing (Demand metric)
9. Marketers spend nearly 1/3 of their budgets on content marketing (Content Marketing Institute)
10. Clicks from shared content are 5 times more likely to result in a purchase (Voltier Digital)
To get the best results, a business should work with professionals to ensure their content marketing strategy is proper, but also executed correctly. Content marketing services can be utilized to achieve this. Marketing services in general can quickly improve a company’s effort in lead collection, sales, and customer acquisition.
Blogging for Content Marketing
Companies should have a professionally setup company blog as part of their main company website. The URL should like something like this www.yourdomain.com/blog. A blog that has quality articles with images and videos frequently updated can boost significantly a website’s traffic. Company blogs should be updated with an article at least once a day or every other day.
Writing and Publishing Articles for Content Marketing
Articles should be written monthly that are relevant to the industry and consumers. These articles then need to be published on article distribution websites, industry publications, and anywhere else where consumers and value added partners could find them. Unlike blog articles, these articles tend to be longer, more complex, and published once or twice per month.
Press Releases Monthly for Content Marketing
There is always something a business can write about as an announcement of the business via a press release. Companies often overlook all the reasons a press release can be written for. For best results, businesses should write and publish one or two press releases each month. Of course, the larger the organization the more frequent press release will be created and published.
Images for Content Marketing
Images nowadays even appear above organic and paid search results in Google. Try it! Search for something and see often images and videos are shown above the organic search results. Images are often used in content marketing. Images such as Infographics are extremely popular. Quotes, humor and other types of images are commonly used as well in marketing. Images should be used on blogs, in social media marketing campaigns, and for online publication and distribution.
Videos for Content Marketing
Video marketing is one of the fastest growing online marketing methods and is considered part of content marketing. Video creation and publication is highly effective and considered by many marketing professionals as the future of marketing, communication, and search. Videos are used on blogs, popular websites such as YouTube, social media, and many other places.