Video marketing campaigns are not necessary a new form of content marketing, but it is the fastest growing method of content marketing and online marketing in general. Cisco Systems stated that online video consumers are going to double by 2015 to about 1.5 billion. Cisco also stated that by 2017, video is going to account for almost 70% of all consumer Internet traffic.
If a picture paints 1,000 words then one minute of video is worth 1.8 million, according to Forrester’s researchers. Furthermore, Axonn Research found seven in 10 people view brands in a more positive light, after watching a video from the brand.
Video is certainly taking over and becoming the method of communication online and marketers have known this for a while now. It is the reason, so many marketing professionals advice their clients that producing product and brand videos is critical to success these days.
This is especially true for any form of online marketing. Here are the top 10 reasons why.
Top 10 reasons why brands should sell products through video marketing campaigns
- 76% of marketing professionals plan to increase their use of YouTube and video marketing campaigns according to Social Media Examiner.
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch a video campaign compared to 10% who read only text such as articles, press releases, and website text content.
- YouTube users alone watch more than 3 billion hours of video per month, according to YouTube. This does not include other video networks even.
- According to Implix, an introductory email that includes a video receives an increase click-through rate by 96%.
- 50% of executives look for more information after seeing a product or service in a video campaign, according to Forbes.
- Enjoyment of video ads and campaigns increases purchase intention by 97% and brand association by 139% according to Unruly.
- After watching a video online, 64% of users are more likely to buy a product online as well, according to ComScore.
- According to Online Publishers Association, 80% of users recall a video ad campaign they viewed in the past 30 days.
- 65% of executives visit the brand’s website after viewing a video online.
- 90% of users say that seeing a video about a product or service is helpful in the decision process.
Regardless of product or service, video marketing campaigns have significant impact on selling products and services. Statistics on video marketing show clearly, it is not just here to stay, but becoming the dominant method to market products and services online.
Video marketing campaign design, development, and marketing
Creating videos for marketing campaigns used to be a complex task and also expansive for brands to get them designed and developed. This is not true anymore. There are several websites that help brands create videos for their campaigns. More professionally designed and developed videos have significantly come down in price as well.
With videos being more affordable to create, brands can take full advantage of video marketing campaigns, sharing them across video distribution websites such as YouTube, Vimeo, tumblr, and many other platforms. Also, social media networks are perfect avenues to publish and share videos. Facebook for example, allows uploading and hosts videos that can be shared across their network.
Product and service videos can go viral and be very magnetic to the viewers. It is not a passive method of communication, but an interactive way that reaches an audience. Videos can be extremely engaging to the viewers, who are able to share them with friends, family, and social media connections.