To be successful with online marketing, e-commerce websites have many choices when it comes to tools and resources that can be utilized. Matter of fact, there are so many resources online that marketers and e-commerce website managers are often overwhelmed by the choices available.
Figuring out which tools to use to market e-commerce websites can be a daunting task. Even when an organization hires professional marketing help, many tasks and functions still have to be done in-house.
There are resources online that can be used for a variety of tasks such as advertising, statistics, and website testing. Below are the most popular tools currently used by professional marketers and website operators.
Online Marketing Tools for E-commerce Websites
- Adbeat – Adbeat allows e-commerce websites and marketers to instantly uncover any advertiser’s online strategy. This is a great tool for Pay Per Click (PPC) advertising. Marketers can learn from competition what’s working and what’s not. Leveraging competitor’s results to allocate adverting investments more intelligently.
- CrazyEgg – Even though Google Analytics and Webmaster Central are key tools to understanding in detail websites, through Crazy Egg’s heat map and scroll map reports e-commerce websites can get an understanding of how visitors engage with online stores. This enables marketers and operators to increase conversion rates.
- SpyFu – When it comes to research and analysis SpyFu exposes the search marketing strategies of a websites successful competitors. Marketers and website operators can search for any domain and see every place they’ve shown up on Google: every keyword they’ve bought on Adwords, every organic rank, and every ad variation in the past 6 years.
- Buzzstream – BuzzStream is web-based software that helps the world’s best marketers and e-commerce website operators to promote products, services and content to build links and brands. It is a very popular and trusted online tool.
- Wordtracker – With Wordtracker marketers and e-commerce website operators can reveal high performing keywords in minutes with the very robust keyword research tool from Wordtracker.
- Majestic SEO – This link research tool provides websites link intelligence for SEO and Internet PR and Marketing. It shows inbound links and site summary data for e-commerce websites.
- Author Links Crawler – When it comes to relationship building online, this tool works simply by inputting an e-commerce website URL into the Author Crawler, and the report will show which authors are linking to the website, how many Google+ Circles they take part in, how many Twitter Followers they have, which sites they contribute to, and the URL from which they link to the e-commerce website. Having this information allows a brand to easily build and maintain relationships with influencers within the desired niche.
- Raven Tools – This online tool is a very comprehensive Internet marketing platform for SEO, Social Media, PPC and Content. Marketers and website operators can research, manage, monitor and report on every aspect of the e-commerce website campaign.
- HootSuite – When it comes to Social Media, marketers and website managers can enhance their social media management with HootSuite, the leading social media dashboard for social media marketing.
- Site Auditor – Knowing how effective online marketing campaigns are is critical for e-commerce websites. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) site audits are essential, but can be very time consuming and confusing. This tool can uncover technical SEO issues in 7 different categories for e-commerce websites.
There are a vast amount of tools and resources available, but the above tools are some of the most commonly used by professionals to gain valuable information and functions to successfully market online websites and e-commerce stores.