Content marketing is one of the most powerful methods of marketing websites, especially e-commerce websites. Content is still king on the Internet and highly rewarded by search engines such as Google, if the content is unique, relevant, and of quality. Content that meets search engine standards rises to the top in search results.
With e-commerce websites, it does not matter what is being sold. A business must market a website with content to be effective online and sell products. Many other marketing techniques such as Search Engine Optimization and Social Media Marketing require content to work. It is part of the marketing campaign.
5 Content Marketing Methods To Sell Products Online
Content marketing is the creation, publication, and distribution of content such as videos, images, articles, press releases and so on. Here are 5 methods of content marketing and uses that help e-commerce websites sell products.
1. Create and Publish Videos
Videos are one of the fastest growing content marketing methods and one of the most effective. E-commerce websites can create how-to videos, product videos, benefits videos, and many other types to support sales. Videos are also used across many marketing campaigns such as SEO, Social, and PR. Videos should be published on websites and uploaded to other sites such as YouTube for distribution.
2. Design and Distribute Images
Images are the fastest growing content marketing method. Also, images are very effective with consumers and work well across many channels. A picture speaks a thousand words, it is said. These days, brands and companies are using images such as Infographics, and quotes on social media, blogs, and other channels to expand market share, branding, and sales.
3. Write articles and Manage a Blog
Most companies and e-commerce websites operate a company blog as part of their website. For a website to gain online visibility, traffic, and potential shoppers, blogs are a great content marketing method and tool. Blog articles should be created and uploaded with an image as frequently as possible (daily) for best results. Blogs that are part of an e-commerce website are highly effective for sales, conversion and marketing.
4. Publish Educational Articles
Consumers gain trust when educated on the topic they are researching. If this education is provided by a brand, automatically a consumer will have more trust towards this specific brand. E-commerce website operators and companies should publish frequently educational articles about their industry, product uses, products and other relevant topics. These articles should be published on article distribution websites and key industry specific websites.
5. Write Press Releases and Distribute Online
Press Release writing is one of the oldest content marketing methods, but to this day, a very effective method. It is company and brand news, announcements, and other newsworthy items. Press releases can be written about the website launch, blog, conferences attending, trade shows, partnerships, announcements of distribution deals, location availability, and any other reason deemed important by the brand and marketing team.
Content Marketing Benefits And Statistics
– Content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing and generates about 3 times as many leads. (Source)
– Buyers go through about 57% of the purchasing process before ever talking to sales. (Source)
– Website conversion rate is nearly 6x higher for content marketing adopters than non-adopters (2.9% vs 0.5%). (Source)
– 72% of Marketers think that branded content is more effective than magazine advertisements, 69% say it’s superior to direct mail and PR. (Source)
– 41% of marketers confirm content marketing’s positive ROI. (Source)
– 82% of marketers who blog see positive ROI for their inbound marketing. (Source)
– Inbound marketing delivers 54% more leads into the marketing funnel than traditional outbound marketing. (Source)
– Companies that excel at lead nurturing generate 50% more sales ready leads at 33% lower cost. (Source)
– Nurtured leads make 47% larger purchases than non-nurtured leads. (Source)
– Adopting an inbound strategy doubles average website conversion rates, from 6% to 12%. (Source)
– Organic search leads have a 14.6% close rate, while outbound marketing leads have a 1.7% close rate. (Source)