Pinterest is a key social media platform and channel for retailers, especially during the holiday season. Unlike many other social media platforms, marketing with Pinterest actually leads to generating significant sales.
Pinterest is at the forefront of a new wave of social networks, which showcases beautiful images uploaded by people, brands, and the public. Marketers and brands use Pinterest to drive “social shopping” and inspire people during the holidays. Brands tend to find that pictures speak louder than words, when it comes to consumers and social shoppers.
What is Pinterest?
Pinterest is a web and mobile application company that offers a visual discovery, collection, sharing, and storage online. Pinterest users create and share the collections of visual bookmarks also called boards on Pinterest. Boards are created through a user selecting an item, page, website, etc. and pinning it to an existing or newly created board.
10 Holiday Marketing Statistics For Retailers Using Pinterest
1. Pinterest shoppers are spending significantly more per checkout averaging between $140-$180 per order compared with consistent $80 and $60 orders for Facebook and Twitter shoppers.
2. Sephora’s Pinterest followers spend 15 times more that its Facebook fans.
3. Top brands in the retail space average 46 repins on every pin, proving that those who have a presence on Pinterest, are establishing an engaged following.
4. Consumers in the US who use Pinterest follow an average of 9.3 retailers on the site.
5. 80 percent of U.S. online consumers trust information and advice from Pinterest.
6. Pinterest accounts for 25 percent of retail referral traffic.
7. Pinterest pins that include prices receive 36 percent more likes than those that do not.
8. Moms are 61 percent more likely to visit Pinterest than the average American.
9. 47% of U.S. online consumers have made a purchase based on recommendations from Pinterest.
10. The best time for retailers and fashion brands to pin is Friday at 3pm ET.
Companies that do not have a Pinterest account yet, should open an account up and get it properly and professionally setup for best results. When creating boards on Pinterest and pinning content, brands and companies must consider their most important keywords and methods of sharing on Pinterest.
Professional marketing services can quickly setup properly a Pinterest account for clients and create the necessary boards to start pinning relevant content. Consulting services can assist brands as well with Pinterest and social media marketing, especially during the holidays. Social media and Pinterest are key tools for brands and marketers during the holidays.